It's a gorgeous GORGEOUS day today. After weeks of rainy, windy, some sludgy snowy days, the Sun's finally out today in full. Mind you it's still cold, around 0 but when the Sun's in your face, I swear those feel-good hormones just jump into action! I actually truly understand why tourists flock to the beaches and lie blatantly under the scorching Sun, now.. make that I FEEL it.
Same joy they have wearing minimal clothes to soak in the Sun while the aunties whisper: "See! Ang Mo girls always wear open open one…" :P
Anyways, just wanted to wax lyrical about it b'cos after a hearty Fish curry lunch from a nearby Vietnamese store, which incidently serves good food AND incidently gets called "the standing Chinese place", I had to go out for a walk. The air was so unbelievably fresh, must be something scientific that colder air just feels fresher?! Or cos of the lack of humidity?? Whatever, but the air was and still is heavenly, do people describe air as that? I mean chocolate is heavenly, cream… wine… but air? Just felt like I inhaled the purest of air, lifted me up immediately. And even though I had on the same jacket when I reached Germany 3 years ago, I felt like a million dollars. Walking on my yellow brick road, enjoying the clear blue skies with the Alps clearly in full glory today, I realised that I've been walking after lunch almost every day. Why on earth have I not done it before back home? 1. We always spend most of lunch chit chatting and most people dun really like to walk much in their highly uncomfortable Charles and Keith shoes 2. It's too darn hot 3. There're really very little places that one can walk outdoors that'S nicely sheltered and not end up with the now famous term "age/sun spots" 4. hot 5. hot and sweaty 6. hot. Yeah, well either that or we could walk in the shopping centres. I rarely find that relaxing tho… think the heart beats alittle more when I go "wah.. Watson's got sale… dunno my face wash got sale or not", "Wah… Giordano got new pants… so nice!.. wanna try", "Bakerzinn … arrghh!! I want orange warm chocolate cake", "Nine West got new shoes! Bags are nice!" … "Shit, I shouldn't be spending/eating so much." :/
Like you didn't already know… I digress faster than you hiss your HUHS?! Gong simi kwee??
So back to the nice sunny day, yippee! Hans is at home today cos of the amazingly accurate weather forecasts here, he arranged a date with the man who cuts trees… timber! shouting man… what do we call these burly guys who carry a chainsaw and wear red checkered shirts again?! Someone please give me vocab lessons! hahaha. We've got a tiny piece of forest from Han's grandma as they all burned wood in those days. So good ol grandma didn't like her forest mixed, she liked them all with pine trees cos they grow really tall and straight and it makes cutting wood for burning alot easier. She also wanted heaps of trees, so she planted them really close together. Too bad nobody told grandma that having too many trees make them weaker and having only 1 type of tree in the forest isn't that smart. But I guess it doesn't really matter cos she's strumming her harp while eating her Philidelphia bagel up there now while little "Borken-kafers" or Bark beetles made their way to the trees there and created an epidemic. We spent the last weekend trying our hand at cutting trees and not only was it highly inefficient (we just managed 2), I think we spent more time laughing at the bumbling fools that we were. The first tree we tried falling got stuck on the branches of another tree and it just refused to fall! A professional that came to survey it was also laughing and told us not to waste our time … incidently we have over 50 trees that need to be urgently removed, another 50 sometime later and heaps of others that are dried, broken or just dead. All these to settle by April before spring really starts and all the creepy crawlies, flippy flappies start their buzzing activities on the already weakened trees.
Talking about spring, I don't think there was any winter last year! Yay!!! But altho spring's pretty and all the animals are getting active, we saw a couple of wild rabbits around our place recently, that thing about birds chirping happily in the morning is starting to irk me quite a bit. They don't chirp or sing… the scream and shout and shrill. We actually had a bird house (need to post the pic) filled with the extra walnuts we had and the sunflower seeds that my mom carefully extracted from the huge sunflowers we had last year. Man… as much as I love animals…the birdies are REALLY greedy and loud! Lucky they're small, with white and blue bellies and black striped heads… at least quite nice to look at :P
My rabbit absolutely hates me cos we kept her in the garage and she just doesn't understand at the grand old age of 1 why we're not letting her out on the grass. She gets to run around still but it's on concrete and she just wants her grass. At least she's helping us to finish our apples and finally starting to eat some carrots too… definitely desperate.
Now back again to the nice day, my colleagues are all having "itchy backsides", looking at the clock and counting the freaking hours more to go… they wanna go skiing this weekend, Hans still has to finish up the beetle issue on Sat, which I think I'll tag along too, so have a good weekend ya all. oh… and
Happy belated Valentine's day and GONG XI FA CAI, WAN SHI RU YI, NIAN NIAN YOU YU … :)
No comments:
Post a Comment